Conveniently located in the heart and soul of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan region, Hurst makes a great jumping off point for any Texas adventure. This quaint city has all of the amenities and services that you need to have an amazing trip. From its close proximity to the area’s best concerts and outdoor recreational opportunities to fantastic dining and shopping options, there is a host of fun things to see and do — Hurst has it all! Before you take off on your journey, be sure to consider these tips:
WHERE TO STAY:
- Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst: As one of the premier hotels in Hurst TX, this gem makes an excellent home base for your travels. With a convenient location right next to the Hurst Convention Center, the Hyatt Place is close to everywhere that you want to be. The comfortable guest rooms are the perfect place to unwind after a busy day out exploring the region.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hurst: This property delivers everything that you would expect out of the Hampton name. Guests will enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning, perfect for fueling up for your day out in Hurst. The distinct Tommy Bahama themed property makes you truly feel like you have arrived on vacation.
WHAT TO DO:
- Six Flags Over Texas: This venerable theme park delivers thrills and chills as well as a host of family-friendly rides. The 212-acre destination is located in Arlington, with easy access to Hurst. New in 2019 is the world’s largest loop roller coaster, aptly named El Diablo.
- Reunion Tower: No trip to the Dallas area is complete without a visit to the top of the iconic Reunion Tower. Travelers are whisked to the top of this towering 561-foot tall orb and rewarded with stunning views of the downtown Dallas area and beyond. The observation deck features a variety of interactive exhibits and telescopes, allowing you to peer out in any direction. You can even splurge for dinner or drinks at the top.
WHAT TO EAT:
- BBQ, BBQ, BBQ: Just pick a place. Chances are, you will not be disappointed. Texas BBQ has a cult-like following and for good reason. While brisket reigns supreme in Texas, you can also chow down on pork ribs, sausages, pulled pork, and all of the mouth-watering sides. With so many amazing options, it is hard to go wrong when enjoying this quintessential Texas food group.
- In-N-Out Burger: The famed California burger joint has finally made it to Texas. Now you can see what all of the fuss is about. The fresh patties are never frozen, enabling a taste unlike any other for a fast food burger. Do not be afraid to go off the menu and ask the staff for recommendations.
- Abuelo’s: This popular restaurant serves up Hurst’s best Mexican cuisine in a casual and vibrant setting. Start your meal with a cold margarita paired with the jalapeno cheese fritters. Entree choices include the Durango burrito, the chile relleno, and the brisket tacos, and many more Tex-Mex specialties. You will be glad that you made this sizzling joint a priority on your trip.